Turbochargers are used in all light truck diesels have become common in small displacement engines. These systems change the diagnosis of fuel trim and engine breathing. Technician must understand turbocharger components and operation for proper diagnosis of engine performance complaints.
The goal of this class is to prepare technicians to diagnose and service turbochargers on light trucks and passenger cars.
After completing this training, a technician will:
- Be able to identify turbocharger types and components
- Understand turbocharger control systems and operation
- Be able to interpret scan data for turbocharger diagnosis
- Learn best practices for turbocharger replacement
- Be prepared to diagnose boost codes