Modern vehicles use many electronic controls. Diagnosing faults can be more difficult for technicians who have not had the benefit of training in electronics. This can lead to the replacement of unneeded parts, angry customers, and frustrated technicians. The goal of this training series is to prepare technicians to diagnose and repair vehicle electronic systems successfully. Each training segment will reinforce the concepts taught with exercises and a case study.
The goal of this installment is for technicians to understand the core electronics concepts.
After completing this training, a technician will:
- Understand what current is
- Understand what voltage is
- Understand what resistance is
- Be able to calculate current, voltage, and resistance in a circuit using Ohm’s law
- Understand electro-magnetic device operation