Modern vehicles use many electronic controls. Diagnosing faults can be more difficult for technicians who have not had the benefit of training in electronics. This can lead to the replacement of unneeded parts, angry customers, and frustrated technicians. The goal of this training series is to prepare technicians to diagnose and repair vehicle electronic systems successfully. Each training segment will reinforce the concepts taught with exercises and a case study.
The goal of this installment is for technicians to understand the basic elements of vehicle modules, what they need to operate, and how driver and reference circuits work.
After completing this training, a technician will:
- Understand the importance of electronic modules B+, Ign, and Gnd circuits
- Understand how to diagnose fault module
- Understand module reference circuits and how to diagnose faults
- Understand and be able to test high-side driver circuit faults
- Understand and be able to test low-side driver circuit faults